Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, KYB Corporation manufactures a wide range of ride control, hydraulic and electronic products for motorcycles, trucks, specialty vehicles, buses, aircraft, railroad cars, industrial and agricultural equipment and civil engineering projects. By consistently developing world class ride control products, KYB has become the world’s largest supplier of shocks and struts for OEMs and the aftermarket. The company has 32 facilities in 21 countries, including 15 manufacturing plants in Asia, the United States of America and Europe.
Yamaha Motor Hydraulic System Co. Ltd. manufactures shock-absorbing equipment for motorcycles, automobiles and outboard motor hydraulic systems. Based in Shuchi-Gun, Japan, Yamaha Motor Hydraulic System Co. Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Powered Products Co. Ltd.
KONI is the premier manufacturer of performance and adjustable shocks in the world. KONI shocks are made from the highest quality raw materials and machined to the tightest tolerances. KONI has taken shock absorber performance and comfort to the next level with patented Frequency Selective Damping (FSD) technology.
Our mentor Mr. Deep C. Anand has set the tone for leadership through partnership and people empowerment from the beginning. Having created enduring partnerships, our leaders have built the company on the foundations of trust, good governance and transparency.
Our leaders have fostered an environment that encourages our people to imbibe the ANAND way in their business dealings. Our esteemed Board of Directors leads an illustrious senior management team to create value for every stakeholder.
VISION & VALUES
Gabriel India shall be a global manufacturing and marketing company of ride control products, respected by customers and other stakeholders for the benchmark performance in product engineering, quality, cost, delivery and speed of response.
We shall earn and sustain the status of being the “Preferred Supplier“ of ride control products from our customers.
To be amongst the top 5 shock absorber manufacturers in the world
ANAND is defined by a value system which guides our work ethic. These core values govern our decision-making in every sphere of our work and social responsibilities. These foundational beliefs and philosophies always have, and will continue to define, the way ANAND does business.
In 1961, Mr. Deep C. Anand set up his first business venture, Gabriel India, in collaboration with Maremont Corporation (now Gabriel Ride Control Products of Arvin Meritor Inc., USA). From a small beginning in shock absorber manufacturing, Gabriel has become a name synonymous with ride control products in India. Gabriel’s journey of five decades is marked by strong research and development, innovation and technological alliances that make it a preferred OEM supplier.
- 1961: Gabriel India, the first company of the ANAND Group, was founded by Mr. Deep C. Anand. The first plant started operations in Mulund, Mumbai.
- 1965-75: Started supplying to OEMs across various segments - TELCO, Bajaj Auto, Mahindra and Mahindra, Premier Auto, Ashok Leyland and Hindustan Motors.
- 1978: The next leap forward - Gabriel listed on the stock exchange
- 1980-85: A new business segment opened with business from Swaraj Mazda and VECV (formerly Eicher Motors)
- 1985: In-house Special Purpose Machine design centre launched
- 1986: Gabriel turned 25 – Entered a new era of expansion and growth
- 1987: First expansion - Khandsa plant set up to supply to Maruti Suzuki
- 1988: A new product launched - McPherson Struts
- 1990-91: 3rd plant set-up at Nashik - manufacturing 2-Wheeler shocks and front forks
- 1991: Technology tie up with SOQI, Japan
- 1992: Dewas plant commissioned – manufacturing components for Commercial Vehicles
- 1993: Launched a unique HR practice – machines operated by knowledge workers, designated as ‘Operating Engineers’
- 1994: Commenced supplies to TVS Motors
- 1995: A milestone – acquisition of Stallion Shox
- 1996-97: Two new plants set up in a year - Chakan plant for Passenger Cars segment and Hosur plant for the motorcycle segment.
- Started manufacturing Gas Shock Absorbers
- 1997: Signed Technology Assistance Agreement with KYB Corp.
- 1998: Acquired TATA Motors' 1st Passenger Car project
- Set up a state-of-the-art validation centre in Chakan. Became self-sufficient in designing and developing indigenous customized solutions.
- 2002: Exports to Yamaha (Japan) commenced
- 2004: Receives Hyundai 100 PPM Award, establishing it as a manufacturer of quality products
- 1998-2004: Business Award from Honda Motorcycles and Scooters, General Motors, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Ford and Hyundai
- 2006: Acquired business from Renault India
- Developed 1st Ride Tuning Van
- 2007: Parwanoo facility set up to manufactures shock absorbers for Commercial Vehicles and Two-Wheelers, struts for Passenger Cars and front forks for motorcycles
- 2008: Became the first company in Asia to install the ‘Dynachrome’ Automation Machine
- Awarded business by motorcycle majors - Suzuki Motorcycles and Yamaha for their ‘New Gen’ motorcycles
- 2009: Started manufacturing specialty castings
- Commenced Two – Wheeler backward integration process with Japanese collaborators
- 2010: Set up manufacturing facility at Sanand
- Acquired Passenger Cars (Brio) business from Honda cars for the 1st time
- Commenced supplies to Volkswagen India
- R&D Facility at Chakan recognized by Department of Scientific Industrial Research (DSIR)
- 2011: R&D Facility at Hosur & Nashik recognized by DSIR
- Strengthened Aftermarket through highly successful loyalty programme - “Elite Retailer Program”
- Recognized by Great Place to Work® as one of top 3 auto component companies in India
- Received the prestigious “Golden Peacock” Eco-Innovation Award
- Received the FICCI Quality Systems Excellence Award for manufacturing consequently for two years
- Launched a full-fledged new 2-Wheeler R&D centre in Hosur
- Expanded presence in China with inauguration of China office
- Commissioned the 1st Robotic Shock Absorber Line at Gabriel, Hosur
- Mrs. Anjali Singh, Chairperson of ANAND Supervisory Board appointed Chairperson of Gabriel India, Board of Directors
- To enhance product and customer focus, 4 Strategic Business Units (SBUs) formed 2 & 3 -Wheelers (TW), Passenger Cars (PC), Commercial Vehicles & Railways (CVR) and Aftermarket SBUs
- Chief Operating Officer appointed for each SBU
- Technology license agreement signed with KONI B.V. (part of ITT Corporation) for Commercial Vehicles, Buses and Industrial Equipment suspensions
- Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India, eminent scientist and Bharat Ratna inaugurated 2nd Innovation Concourse at Gabriel Chakan
- Great Place to Work® recognizes Gabriel as 43rd best place to work in India and 2nd in the Indian Auto Component industry
- Gabriel India listed amongst 'India’s Top 500 Companies' by Dun & Bradstreet for three years in a row
- Also found a place in 'Fortune India’s Next 500 Companies' by Fortune India & Business Standard
- Became a technology provider to Gabriel De Colombia
- Aftermarket business achieved record sales of INR 200 Cr
- Began exporting customized machines for Shock Absorber manufacturing to Torre South Africa. These machines are built in-house with indigenous technology.
- Received approval to manufacture Linke-Hofmann-Busch (LHB) Dampers from Indian Railways for high-speed trains
- Gabriel Khandsa wins ACMA Gold Award in Health & Safety
- Gabriel sweeps a string of awards in the 31st National Quality Circle Competition 2017
- Gabriel Dewas wins Supplier Excellence Award 2017 from SML Isuzu Limited
- Gabriel Khandsa takes one more step towards Energy Conservation and inaugurates its Solar Power Plant
- Gabriel Khandsa wins Gold Award in ICQCC 2017
- Gabriel Dewas receives 'Certificate of Appreciation' from Powerdown, Australia
- Gabriel Dewas Goes Greener by successfully installing a 182kW Solar Park
- Gabriel Khandsa Felicitated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister of UP Shri Yogi Adityanath for Encouraging Women's Participation in the Workforce
- Gabriel Khandsa recognized by FICCI for Good Practices in Safety Systems!
- Gabriel Nashik & Aurangabad Team wins Gold Quality Award from Bajaj Auto second time in a row!
- Gabriel Bags Gold Award For Quality by Lohia Auto Industries (UML) For The Year 2016-17
- Zero PPM Quality Award from Toyota Kirloskar Motor